Canadian Dollars

Canadian Dollars
1935

Saturday, January 23, 2010

1938 Silver Dollar, now we are getting into some serious coins. One of the lowest mintage of the Silver Dollars, mintage 90,304, not an easy coin to find. I cannot show a picture as I do not have one, yet. Available on E-Bay at various prices, but prefer to have one around EF-40 or up, just a little too high for me right now, maybe I'll get lucky on the The Coin Show ( Shopping Channel). Again we do not really know how many are still around out of the 90,304. We must remember in 1980 silver was at its highest value ever, over $20.00 an ounce. Just like Gold today every body that needed some quick cash had them melted down for its bullion value, no records are available that I can find. At a trend value of MS-65 this coin is valued at $10,000, even in VF-20 you are looking at $75.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment